Sunday, February 5, 2017

Mixed Media Canvas's using Ching Chou Kuiks "Calling for Snow" and "Unicorn Love"

Hey You guys!!! My oldest is turning 6 in just 3 sleeps!!! How in the ....... did that happen??? She is all about the unicorns right now and has been since Christmas. We are having a unicorn theme birthday or as much as I can... really its My Little Pony highlighting the unicorn ponies... its the best I could do without making everything again this year. LOL
So with this new Unicorn love she wants to redecorate her room in.... yup... Unicorns. I haven't shown you yet so maybe I will pop it in down here at the bottom what I made her for Christmas that started the Unicorn redecorating. LOL but now after she opens these and has her party we are half way to the complete make over completed.
So now these canvas!!! OMG so much fun!! I used all different Tim Holtz distress mediums and techniques to create the backgrounds with various stencils. I did some embossing right on the canvas'. One one it worked great... on the other not so much. LOL but now that its all finished you can't even tell!!
So the "Twinkle Twinkle" night theme canvas uses Ching Chou Kuiks "Calling for Snow".
See how much fun is that!! I love how all those dark colors blended to create this really cool night sky/ galaxy type background. So color the image I used Kit and Clowders November 2016 Monthly Class techniques.

For the "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" day theme canvas I used Ching Chou Kuik's "Unicorn Love".
I love how bright and cheerful and dreamy this one came out!! All the colors just pop and blend to create this beautiful look into another world! So color the image I used Kit and Clowders 2015 Monthly class techniques- I took a few different classes and blended them all together.


I am entering these projects in the Ching Chou Kuik Challenge Blog for February "Love is All Around." I really think these qualify since they were made with soooo much love!! They will just envelope her room in it!! Also the love being shown in each image between girl and unicorn....


See you all again real soon to share the rest of my unicorn filled week!! Have a good one!!

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous and beautiful project's Sara thank you for joining us on this month's challenge 'Love is all Around' over on
    Ching Chou Kuik Digital Stamps Inspiration Challenge Blog
    Dianne xx
    CCK DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. wooow awesome canvas.. love your colouring too.. the first one is mysterious and the 2nd one is soo colourful.. love both of them.. Thank you so much for joining our February challenge at Ching Chou Kuik Digital stamps inspiration and challenge blog.. Hope to see you again in our next challenge and Good Luck at the draw.. xx ~RoRa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two beautiful creations you have made here which fits perfectly the Ching-Chou Kuik Digital Stamps Inspiration and Challenge Blog Monthly Challenge this month of “Love is all around”. Even more FANTASTIC is that you have used one of Ching-Chou Kuik's digital stamps. Think my favourite has to be the unicorn one but them I am very biased towards unicorns.

    Thank you for entering, best wishes in the draw and for your support of this challenge. Kym (Ching-Chou Kuik Digital Stamps Design Team Leader).

    ReplyDelete